[LinuxBIOS] Patch quality

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Tue Oct 30 18:03:47 CET 2007

On 30/10/07 03:24 +0100, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> An important issue will be to get the code compiling. I was not
> successful doing so due to the old ld overlapping sections friend.

We've seen this before -  Whats happening here is that the ld script
snippet for .id is going into the ld script after the snippet for .reset,
so to LD, the current pointer appears to jump backwards, and it can't figure
out the math correctly.  The immediately work around is to re-arrange
the order of the .id and the .reset snippets in the script.  I believe this
was fixed in later versions of ld - I can't get it to happen on my trusty
Ubuntu Gutsy box.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse