[LinuxBIOS] GIGABYTE GA-2761GXDK

bari bari at onelabs.com
Tue Oct 30 13:03:00 CET 2007

Jordan Crouse wrote:
> On 30/10/07 01:41 +0100, Peter Stuge wrote:
>> On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 06:00:55PM -0600, Jordan Crouse wrote:
>>> Morgan's team likely does not participate in the X11 work, and if
>>> they did, the decision to release those drivers would be up to
>>> management, and not to the poor engineers.
>> But then they would know what the decision was, and they are in a
>> unique position to find out if it can be made public in this forum.
>>
>> We will certainly respect "Sorry, I can't answer that" but asking
>> can't hurt, can it?
>
> Speaking as an engineer that works for a company that has the same
> exact problem (and speaking as an engineer that has been repeatedly
> asked the same question), is yes.. it does hurt.  Morgan gave us
> everything he could.  Why turn right around on the heels of the
> submission and ask for more?  Especially for a driver that has nothing
> at all to do with this project?  If nothing else, its horrible timing.

Last time I checked AMD and SiS were still for-profit corporations. And
  at times even they leave money on the table since they don't always
see the forest for the trees.

Why ask about accelerated 3D/X11/OpenGL drivers for the SiS761GX?
Because it's the missing piece of a puzzle to unlock millions in sales.

LinuxBIOS for some here is just a hobby. For others it is business.

-Bari