[LinuxBIOS] GA M57SLI _really_ supported?

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Thu Oct 25 20:39:06 CEST 2007

Hi Torsten,

On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 08:12:31PM +0200, Torsten Duwe wrote:
> trying to get my machine into productive use with LinuxBIOSv2 I just found
> major issues with the bridge configuration. The primary PCIe cannot generate
> interrupts, the other PCIe bridges are configured although the slots are
> empty (the legacy BIOS does not do that), and the non-express PCI slots don't
> even seem to exist!

There are 2 pci slots. We've managed to enable one of them; the patch is not
in the repo yet, but you can find the thread here:

  http://www.linuxbios.org/pipermail/linuxbios/2007-September/024688.html

There's a patch there to that enables the pci slot not on the edge of the
board.

I will make work of getting that patch committed, and I want to figure out
how to enable the other slot too, when I find some time.

> Question: is anyone successfully using any of the slots?

I was not aware of PCI-E issues. I am successfully using a PCI-E video card.

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>