[LinuxBIOS] LinuxBIOS and FreeBSD

Philip Schulz phs at deadc0.de
Thu Oct 25 16:44:28 CEST 2007

Hi,

  I recently played around with LinuxBIOS and FreeBSD. In short, it
somewhat works in QEMU using ADLO, see [1]. While trying to build
LinuxBIOS and ADLO on FreeBSD, I came across some problems. They all
come from the assumption that "make" is "GNU make" which isn't true on
the BSDs. I've uploaded some really hackish patches to [2].
Unfortunately, I have no idea how to detect FreeBSD from a Makefile or a
Python script. But maybe someone on this list knows and wants enhance
the patches so they can be included in the LinuxBIOS tree.

Regards,

Philip

[1] http://linuxbios.org/index.php/Booting_FreeBSD_using_LinuxBIOS
[2] http://linuxbios.org/images/b/b6/LinuxBIOS_ADLO_FreeBSD.tgz