[LinuxBIOS] [PATCH] K8T890/VT8237 A8V-E SE (pre)release!
r.marek at assembler.cz
Sat Oct 13 00:00:27 CEST 2007
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I'm attaching quite big patch which adds support for the K8T890/VT8237R chipset
and for my motherboard Asus A8V-E SE. This patch needs the changes I mailed in
separate threads during last weeks.
I resolved all major issues.
What is supported:
* Dual Channel/single channel DDR - tested with 1 or 2 DDR400 dimms (1800MB/s)
* SATA works
* USB works
* AC97/MC97 - sound works
* IDE works
* PCIe 16x works
* PCI slots - works
* 1GHz hypertransport bus - works
* reboot - works
* ACPI tables for interrupt routing, basic ACPI HW abstraction
* All other ACPI tables: RSDP RSDT FACP DSDT FACS HPET APIC MCFG SRAT
* MMCONFIG - works with pached linux
* HPET - detected not tested yet
* APIC routing - works + MPS table + ACPI table
* power button generates correct ACPI event ;)
* serial works
* PS2 keyboard & mouse
* VIA V-Link 8x
What is not
* advanced PIC interrupt routing
* IDE cable detection
* PST tables for cpufreq
* reserve MMCONFIG table to e820
* overclocking /clockchip/ voltages
* lastbootnormal() (easy to fix)
* custom CMOS settings
* RTC Alarm wakeup?
* no IDE 40/80 cable detection
* get rid of "writeback" function
* possibly other stuff ;)
* Missing copyright headers?
So question is how to put it into SVN? All patches must go through the list?
What should be fixed so it can get somehow accepted? Of course I can fix some
stuff later but I would really like to move on and release something - even not
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 134891 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the coreboot