[LinuxBIOS] ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Fri Oct 12 23:11:33 CEST 2007

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 10:30:27AM -0500, Arturo Mann wrote:
> Good Morning, Uwe:
>
> I checked for the BIOS support, so, here we go:
> Password:
> Calibrating delay loop... ok
> No LinuxBIOS table found.
> Found chipset "NVIDIA MCP55": Enabling flash write... OK.
> Pm49FL004 found at physical address: 0xfff80000
> Flash part is Pm49FL004 (512 KB)
> No operations were specified.
> (And I thought it was an SST49LF family flash). I will try out the bios with
> this board, just let me buy a couple of blank pm49LF004 parts (incidentally,
> i am glad it's pm49lfxxx and not sst49lfxxx, the pm49 family is really easy
> to get here!)

Yep, if you got your spare chips try 'flashrom -r backup.bin' to get
your original BIOS, then replace the chip with an empty one (while the
PC is running) and try 'flashrom -wv backup.bin' to write it on the
empty chip.

If that worked, put away the original chip in a safe place.

> Ok, so, after I get my new chips, what proceeds? (I will patch whatever
> needs to be patched, too!)

Please send the output of 'superiotool -dV', 'lspnp -v', and 'lspci -vvv'.
Patch for a first try will follow.

Uwe.