[LinuxBIOS] superiotool - dump support for LPC47M112

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Sun Oct 7 17:39:51 CEST 2007

Hi,

while the patch is correct I won't apply it for now. I have a much
bigger patch in the works which does what your patch does, and adds
a lots more other (duplicate) IDs for chips with different name...

On Sun, Oct 07, 2007 at 01:02:10PM +0200, Peter Stuge wrote:
> > In general, can I assume that two chips with the same id number
> > will have the exact same register layout?
>
> No, I don't think that is safe.

True.

There are several chips with different names and same IDs.

> > Also, what are "Ultra I/Os", and should superiotool support dumps
> > from 'em?
>
> Sorry, no idea.

Can you name an example? I think that's just another name for Super I/O,
so yes, I think we should support them.

Uwe.