[LinuxBIOS] svn tricks [was:r2814 - trunk/util/superiotool]

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Mon Oct 1 22:49:10 CEST 2007

On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 07:24:43PM +0200, Peter Stuge wrote:
> > -#define SUPERIOTOOL_VERSION "0.1"
> > +#define SUPERIOTOOL_VERSION "r$Rev$"
>
> How do I work with this? $Rev$ for superiotool.h won't be increased
> automatically when I make changes to another file.

It will be increased with every commit, no matter which files change.
Contrary to CVS, svn has a global revision number (not per-file
revisions), so it'll be updated whenever you commit something (or
someone else committed something and you do an 'svn up').

> I don't even think $Rev$ will bump when I export the changed rev, so
> this will only show the last rev of the particular file?

Nope. It should show the current revision of your tree.

Say you checkout r400 via 'svn co -r 400 svn://...' then $Rev$
should be replaced with '$Rev: 400 $'.

> I have this issue in my own svn repos. What am I doing wrong?

Hm, dunno, the behaviour you described happens with CVS, but not svn
usually.

Uwe.