[LinuxBIOS] getting sata disk working

Jeremy Jackson jerj at coplanar.net
Thu May 31 17:35:41 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm using the LinuxBIOS  ragexl support, combined with linux framebuffer
driver "atyfb".  Doing it this way is 100% native, no vendor BIOS is
needed, but you don't get video until linux has booted.

Config.lb looks like this
       device pci 8.0 on end # SATA 0
       device pci 9.0 on end # PCI
            chip drivers/ati/ragexl
                 device pci 5.0 on end
            end

The other option is to have LinuxBIOS use the vendor BIOS to initialize
the rageXL chip, you get video earlier but you need to enable the
emulator and retrieve the vendor bios,

http://linuxbios.org/VGA_support

Regards,

Jeremy