[LinuxBIOS] getting sata disk working

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Thu May 31 16:28:09 CEST 2007

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 05:43:40PM +0400, Savchenko Mikhail wrote:
> Working with Linuxbios on tyan s2850, want to use built in si3114 controller,
> can I use the drivers from LinuxBios sources or must use driver from base Ami
> bios part?

You don't need the AMI code. The s2881/s2882 have the same controller, and it
works without any special support in LinuxBIOS as far as I know - and
definitely without the sii3114 option rom from the proprietary BIOS.

What exactly is your problem with the sata controller - are you having issues
with FILO or beyond that, when booting the kernel?

> The same question about Ati video interesting to, there is a driver in
> LinusBios sources, can I use it instead of Ami bios part one?

If you want vga, you will probably need to use the ATI video bios. You'll
need to extract it from the proprietary bios. Have a look at the build
tutorial for the s2881/s2882, it's explained there how to do this.

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>