[LinuxBIOS] EPIA CL

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Mon May 28 16:42:50 CEST 2007

On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 04:32:33PM +0200, Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 10:30:53AM +0200, Markus Boas wrote:
>
> > The interessting thing is that the Flashrom tool dedectet a
> > Epia M/MII Board
>
> flashrom can only guess, unfortunately. The heuristics used are
> quite broad in some cases so any board with the right chips can
> look just like the EPIA-M/MII boards. Sorry about this.
>
> We should change the wording in flashrom output to reflect this.

Did it say Epia M/MII or did it say Epia M/MII/...? If i didn't write
the latter there, i made a mistake, as i should have.

This is all because VIA had no clue about pci subsystem ids at the time.
This idiocy persists across newer generations of epia boards too,
although there recently was some evidence that VIA finally understood
this.

Also... Most of the embedded devices based on the CLE266 + C3, they
usually carry those same ids. Ain't that cute?

Luc Verhaegen.