[LinuxBIOS] Epia V

Corey Osgood corey_osgood at verizon.net
Sun May 27 22:01:17 CEST 2007

Have a look at src/northbridge/via/vt8601/raminit.c, this board is
pretty screwy.

On Sun, 2007-05-27 at 21:14 +0200, Markus Boas wrote:
> <shnip>
> LinuxBIOS-2.0.0.0Fallback Sun May 27 20:19:19 UTC 2007 starting...
> 87 is the comm register
> SMBus controller enabled
> vt8601 init starting
> 00000000 is the north
>                      1106 0601

Odd, this should be 1106 8601...

> 0120d4 is the computed timing

Right here's one problem, this should be 0x1d0. Looking at raminit.c,
this appears to not be used at all, but it still is somewhat concerning

>                              NOP
> PRECHARGE
> DUMMY READS
> CBR
> MRS
> NORMAL
> set ref. rate
> enable multi-page open

There should be some output from setting the MA map type here. Not sure
why there isn't, but it's odd to say the least.

> Slot 00 is SDRAM
> <snap>
>
> On screen runs a defect ascii-output throu
>
> Markus

And there's absolutely nothing beyond this? Oh, and the other question:
are you using dual-sided dimms? From what I can see, that's what the
code's assuming at the moment.

-Corey