[LinuxBIOS] LinuxTag Berlin 29/5-2/6

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Fri May 25 22:38:48 CEST 2007

On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 06:39:20PM +0200, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
> > an EPIA/-M/-MII workshop on Saturday 2/6
>
> Hrm, makes me wish i had already finished the direct unichrome
> support for it.

..instead of using the VGA BIOS, right?

> Tell people it's in the works, that it runs np from userspace,
> but that it needs further work integrating in linuxbios.
> I'm pretty much stuck until halfway june, though.

Aye.

How does davem's viafb fit into the picture?

I used the VGA BIOS and built a viafb kernel for my EPIA-MII last
time I was using the board and got good graphics out of it. No X
though.

Is viafb at all useful for running X.org?
Which version of X.org is good for users?
(Assuming LinuxBIOS+VGA BIOS)

//Peter