[LinuxBIOS] Wiki - Booting Windows using LinuxBIOS (attempts)

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Thu May 24 22:13:23 CEST 2007

On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 01:15:24AM +0700, Darmawan Salihun wrote:
> > Please do not post code copyrighted by Microsoft (or any other
> > closed source code) to this list. We try very hard to keep a
> > record of clean room reverse engineering and your post is not
> > helping.
>
> Really sorry about that. I'll do that via private mail next time.

It's even better if you don't do it at all.

"Clean room reverse engineering" means that one team or person does
the reverse engineering work and then writes documentation in a
natural language describing how the relevant processes work.

Another team or person then re-implements code based on this
documentation, and this documentation only.

Moving on, that RISC standard is certainly good stuff!

//Peter