[LinuxBIOS] GA-M57SLI

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Wed May 23 00:05:11 CEST 2007

On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 05:42:55PM -0400, Corey Osgood wrote:
> Ward Vandewege wrote:
> >>>
> >> boot into linux with Normal BIOS. (---sorry to say that words. someone
> >> doesn't think that is normal and standard).
> >
> > OK :)
> >
> >> then lspci -vvxxx
> >> some device could have subsystem id...
> >
> > Yeah, that was my first thought too. I've been looking; the output is
> > attached. I can't really tell which of those devices has the device id I
> > should choose. Which one do you think it is?
>
> 20: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 58 14 01 50
>                                         ^^^^^

Uhm - yes, but those are the device ids for each pci device, which are also
listed in the 'Subsytem' line. I was under the impression that the
MAINBOARD_PCI_SUBSYSTEM_DEVICE_ID setting was a device ID for the whole
motherboard - is that correct? If not, what does that setting mean?

I see that for some other boards it is set to something that makes sense for
the whole board - the Tyan s2881 for instance has 2881 as the device id.

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>