[LinuxBIOS] ASUS M2N-E (Non-SLI) Motherboard MCP55 - Support? - newbie.

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Tue May 22 12:25:11 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Sat, May 19, 2007 at 12:13:26AM -0500, Jonathan King wrote:
> Hello I just joined the list and I am truly excited to hear that Nvidia is
> cooperating with the MCP55 chipset.  I have an ASUS M2N-E motherboard and
> here are my stats.

That's not supported yet, unfortunately. As it uses mostly already supported
components (the MCP55 for example) it should be doable pretty quickly,
though. Are you able and willing to test patches on your hardware if we
create some?

> The BIOS is socketed.

This is a good thing!

> Please forgive me if I haven't
> followed protocol here - newbie.  Are there pre-built packages/payloads for
> me?  I want the full LinuxBIOS and plan to buy a larger EEPROM of at least
> 2MB in size.
>
> Google has been of little help to me.  I am glad to see support for the
> Gigabyte board and I am looking into possibly getting one later for another
> machine.

> Also, what about support for the G stepping AM2 CPU's?

I don't know. Someone else has to answer this question.

What Super I/O is on your board? (look for ITE, Winbond, or something
similar, see http://linuxbios.org/Supported_Chipsets_and_Devices).

Do you have a null-modem cable for serial debugging output?

Uwe.