[LinuxBIOS] Geode LX support

Marc Jones marc.jones at amd.com
Tue May 22 01:27:04 CEST 2007

Indrek Kruusa wrote:
> Could it be that setup for one LX board (amd/norwitch) does something very
> special that prevents this LB ROM to run (to some extent) on another LX board
> (artecgroup/dbe61)? It stops at postcode 0x10 (Entry into protected mode). I
> suppose that whatever LX target rom should be able to reach at least the
> pll_reset() on any another LX board without much problem.
>
> thanks,
> Indrek

Indrek,

The only thing I could think of is that new LX code uses CAR so if you
were still trying to use romcc you would run into problems right away.
Is the problem at the first 0x10 or does it actually do the pll_reset()
and stop on the second time around? Can you get serial output?

Marc

--
Marc Jones
Senior Software Engineer