[LinuxBIOS] [Patch] Fix processor name string for Rev. F CPUs

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Mon May 21 21:30:51 CEST 2007

Hi Sven,

On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 08:56:20PM +0200, Sven Kapferer wrote:
> This patch fixes the processor name string for Rev F. CPUs.

I've just tried this patch on a m57sli-s4 system with an

   AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+(65W) Windsor 2.0GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2

and it doesn't help detection for me; the cpu is still listed as a

  Mobile AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3700+

I've attached my cpuinfo output from the proprietary BIOS, and from LB with
your patch.

Interestingly enough, the proprietary BIOS gets the model name right, but not
the cpu clock frequency (!).

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Ward.