[LinuxBIOS] new Target ASUS A8NE

Adrian-Ken Rueegsegger ken at gmx.ch
Sat May 19 18:14:39 CEST 2007

Hello,

Thanks for the good work. I was tinkering around with my A8N-SLI-board a
couple weeks ago but have not had time since.

Philipp Degler wrote:
> On Friday 18 May 2007 23:29:45 Uwe Hermann wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 04:39:38PM +0200, Philipp Degler wrote:
>>> - RAM olny runs with small modification of amdk8/raminit.c !!!!!!!!
>>> 	=> comment out debug for athlon 64 in line 1204
>>> 	------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> ----------------------------------------- -#if 1
>>> 	+#if 0
>>>         	//By yhlu for debug Athlon64 939 can do dual channel, but it
>>> ..... if (unbuffered && is_opteron(ctrl)) {
>>>                 	die("Unbuffered Dimms not supported on Opteron");
>> Hm, why is that? Would this change break other targets?
> To be honest I don't know. Maybe yinghai can comment on this.

Yinghai gave a short explanation in this posting [1] to the list. It
seems that support for Rev. E Processors is not implemented (yet) and it
gets wrongfully identified as an Opteron. Hence one needs to deactivate
that check.

Cheers,
Adrian

[1] - http://www.linuxbios.org/pipermail/linuxbios/2007-April/019583.html