[LinuxBIOS] Winflashrom - Directory structure consideration

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Sat May 19 09:12:12 CEST 2007

* Darmawan Salihun <darmawan.salihun at gmail.com> [070519 06:09]:
> > What is your current development environment? I would like it a lot
> > if you could write the software so that it is possible to build with
> > MinGW, then it could be cross-compiled easily and binaries could be
> > generated automatically.
>
> I'm currently using Windows 2003 DDK to create the driver and Visual C++
> 2003 to create the user mode application. I think the user mode
> application may be quite easy to port to MinGW. However, the device
> driver will stay as it is.

Microsoft Visual C++ can be downloaded for free from their web site.
It's actually not a bad compiler! I've been doing cross compiles by
installing it in a vmware virtual machine together with cygwin's
opensshd and controlling it via ssh from linux shell scripts. Works like
a charm.

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613