[LinuxBIOS] LInuxBIOSv3 - Reset and CAR code

Juergen Beisert juergen127 at kreuzholzen.de
Fri May 18 20:53:38 CEST 2007

Hi,

currently I'm trying to understand how it works in assembly until C starts.
Could we divide the stage0_i586.S file into its three parts? Resetvector,
Jump to protected mode and the CAR code? Maybe it would be easier to
understand and to maintain.
With my GeodeGX1 systems I cannot use the mtrr registers to get some memory
from the cache. To replace it a complete new file would be required. Maybe it
would be better to support different methods how to get CAR and link them on
demand?

Juergen