[LinuxBIOS] Winflashrom - Directory structure consideration

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Fri May 18 16:38:19 CEST 2007

On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 01:07:07PM +0100, MARTIN WOODHOUSE wrote:
> May I request -- quite urgently -- that if at all possible you make
> this proposed "Windows Flash Rom" boot into MSDOS as well?

Miscommunication here I think.

Winflashrom is a Windows version of the flashrom utility, which is
used only to program a binary file (such as linuxbios.rom) into a
flash chip.

So, this is only an auxiliary tool.

Re. booting MS-DOS I think that FreeDOS would be easy to adjust so
that it can be booted from LinuxBIOS, but personally I have very
little motivation for that.

If there was a DOS program that I wanted to use I would instead make
an effort to port it over to Linux. :)

//Peter