[LinuxBIOS] linuxbios on commel lv671 board with ICH4 chipset ?

Dieter Bloms dieter at bloms.de
Thu May 17 17:38:48 CEST 2007

Hi Joe,

thank you for the quick answer.

On Thu, May 17, joe at smittys.pointclark.net wrote:

> As far as the i855pm compatible to i855GME, should be compatable.

lspci give me lines like this, so I think it is compatible:

00:00.1 System peripheral: Intel Corporation 82852/82855 GM/GME/PM/GMV

> Intel likes to add letters on to the end of the chipsets for slight
> variations in the same chipset. As far as the southbridge, the
> i82801db src has some bugs, first the src refers to it as an ICH5 when
> it is an ICH4 chip (just text errors), also the PCI ID devices are not
> defined in pci_ids.h or they should just be hardcoded into the src
> drectly, and lastly it does not offer ethernet support. I have fixed
> all these bugs but have not submitted a patch yet because I have not
> been able to test it.

that sounds good to me, ethernet support is not needed for me to boot,
I only want to boot from harddisk or cdrom.

I was told, that there were some kind of hardware sold, so I can savely
flash my bios and restore to the old, if it fails.
Does anybody know a link to such hardware ?

I want to buy it and then I'm willing to test your patches.

--
Gruß

  Dieter