[LinuxBIOS] SPD Logical and Physical Banks

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Tue May 15 22:18:31 CEST 2007

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 04:03:19PM -0400, Corey Osgood wrote:
> > Just to prevent unnecessary duplicated work: please don't write
> > SPD-related functions for 440BX. I'm about to finish a patch which moves
> > all generic SPD-related functions into src/sdram/spd.c where all
> > chipsets can use them.
> >
> > The SPD-only stuff should be chipset-independent, only the
> > chipset-specific stuff should be handled in the respective raminit.c.
>
> That figures. Just finished a ton of SPD stuff for the 440bx last night.

Hm, sorry... I only started on this patch today, I hope this didn't
cause too much trouble...

I'll post a draft soon, so that people can see which functions are
affected. This needs an abuild-run and tests on a bunch of different
hardware targets to make sure nothing breaks...

> Any luck on getting cache-as-ram going? I'm running out of registers
> with my code, perhaps yours is more register-friendly.

I have a version which _compiles_, but I haven't tested on real hardware
whether it actually works. Will do so soon, though.

Uwe.