[LinuxBIOS] Adding IGEL-316 mainboard

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Mon May 14 16:52:35 CEST 2007

On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 09:39:57AM +0200, Juergen Beisert wrote:
> It seems to find a generic way to configure the SDRAM in a Geode
> bases system is nearly impossible.

I think it can be done.

> At last we need some information about
>
> - the physical behaviour of the mainboard (line load, line length
> for delay calculation, max possible SDRAM clock, jitter and so on)

Create some new board options for the relevant parameters.

> - the type of connected SDRAM modules (soldered, SO-DIMM, DIMM ->
> line load/length!)

This is just a subset of the above, right?

> - the type of the SDRAM devices (timing requirements)

Is this not in SPD?

> Maybe we are able to detect the SPD EEPROM on *some* boards. But
> never on all boards. There are too many individual incarnations how
> you can connect the I2C lines to your CPU

Because of pin multiplexing you mean? Make the relevant PMRs options
(I think they should be anyway) and teach raminit how to decode them
ss it knows how to do SPD.

//Peter