[LinuxBIOS] Willem EEPROM Programmer

roger roger at eskimo.com
Mon May 14 08:38:44 CEST 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 06:55 +0200, Luc Verhaegen wrote:

> As for the hardware:
> * usb is at most only there as a powersupply. Which is not correct as
> the amps drawn should be negotiated between host and endpoint. There's
> no means to negotiate anything. Yes, people abuse usb like this a lot.
> * As far as i understood the willem, from a quick look at it, you still
> shift in a bit at a time, which makes the willem _extremely_ slow.

The latest willem from the site Corey spoke of, does have a USB version
that is writable via USB.  But again, firebrand does only parallel that
I know.

> To be honest, i haven't needed it yet, hotswapping is much much faster
> anyway and hasn't gone wrong yet.
>
> So don't bother. You're only throwing money away. Just buy some roms.

I was hesitant, but glad I waited as flashrom works for me now.
Besides, it was better option then any of the other solutions.

--
Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html

Sun May 13 23:36:11 PDT 2007