[LinuxBIOS] Clarification of Raminit.c

Corey Osgood corey_osgood at verizon.net
Sun May 13 11:37:34 CEST 2007

roger wrote:
> Looking at the function within raminit.c a comment reveals:
>
> /* Table format: register, bitmask, value. */
>
> So, I presume:
>
> register == NBXCFG ???

see i440bx.h for the list of register defines, but yes that is the
register to be set.

> bitmask == 0x00000000 ???
> value == 0xff00a00c ???
>
> Also presuming these hexadecimal word (32 bit) values were converted
> from the original decimal notation.

see the other email I sent you, I think I forgot to cc the list, oops.
that's binary notation, btw. Don't ask me what the bitmask thing is all
about, just leave it at 0x0s for now. It is being used by
sdram_set_registers, I'm just not sure its intended purpose (perhaps for
spd setting?). I'll do some work on the 440 tomorrow, I need a break
from my current project anyways. Anyone gotten anywhere with the
SPD/SMBus stuff?

-Corey