[LinuxBIOS] where do board-specific superio settings belong?

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Fri May 11 19:09:57 CEST 2007

On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 12:59:40PM -0700, yhlu wrote:
> in cache_as_ram_auto.c or mainboard.c
>
> depends on if the initialization need it asap for example start the FAN asap

Actually the fans default to full-speed at power on, so that's not a problem.

I'm now working on the Tyan s2881 board. I need to set a few temperature
offsets for the adt7463 chip, again, specific for this motherboard.

I tried adding them to mainboard.c, but that is too early in the process; if
I add a mainboard_init there (hooked into the init action of
mainboard_operations), this code is executed quite a bit before the adt7463
chip is enabled, which is not what I want.

Is there a way to get mainboard specific code to be executed much later in
the boot process, after all devices have been enabled?

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>