[LinuxBIOS] Patch: epia MA map type

Alex Mauer hawke at hawkesnest.net
Thu May 10 22:17:55 CEST 2007

Stefan Reinauer wrote:

> r2653.

Thank you.

> Can you confirm that this revision works (ie. boots a kernel) on your
> Epia?

I can.  There are still memory problems though, at least with some
memory configurations.  It also hangs sometimes on the spd_read_byte
call which I added.  A hi-density (16-bit module width) 256MB DIMM in
slot 0 works perfectly to the best that I can test.  A low-density
(8-bit module width) 64MB DIMM in slot 0 also works perfectly.

Memtest86 passes all tested configurations as long as the "probe" option
was selected for memory sizing.  it fails when using the "BIOS-Std" and
"BIOS-All" method for memory sizing (it uses the LinuxBIOS MemMap type
in this case).  The MA map type patch does allow memtest to detect the
proper quantity of RAM in all configurations I could test.

the debian package 'memtester' passes all tests in the single
high-density 256MB DIMM in slot 0 configuration and the single
low-density 64MB DIMM in slot 0 configuration.  It fails with a
high-density 128MB DIMM in slot 0, and with any additional DIMMs in slot 1.

> What Epia is it?

It is an epia 800.

-Alex Mauer "hawke"