[LinuxBIOS] asus/p2b/auto.c bug with smbus_read_byte? (440bx)

Corey Osgood corey_osgood at verizon.net
Thu May 10 10:15:12 CEST 2007

roger wrote:
> Using the default asus/p2b/autoc spd_read_byte customized function, DRAM
> TEST hangs(right after DRAM Verify).
>
> Comparing to tyan/s1846/auto.c, I've simply replaced with "return
> smbus_read_byte(device, address);" and this gets me further. Following
> is a sniper of auto.c:
>
> --- Begin Snip auto.c ---
> /* TODO: fix raminit.c to use smbus_read_byte */
> static inline int spd_read_byte(unsigned int device, unsigned int
> address)
> {
> 	/* uint8_t c;
> 	c = smbus_read_byte(device, address);
> 	return c; */
> 	return smbus_read_byte(device, address);
> }
>
> --- End Snip auto.c ---
>
> Now I can get as far as:
>
> DRAM range verified.
> Done.
> Copying LinuxBIOS to RAM.
> Jumping to LinuxBIOS.
> LinuxBIOS-2.0.0.0Fallback Thu May 10 00:25:28 PDT 2007 booting...

Oops, that would have been my bad, good catch. I think the function
should actually be of type uint8_t, or is SPD data all ints on SDRAM?

Anyways, this here is somewhat concerning, you should be getting more
output than this if the ram is actually up and running correctly, even
without anything else in Config.lb

-Corey