[LinuxBIOS] Patch for w83977tf to enable early_serial

roger roger at eskimo.com
Wed May 9 16:48:37 CEST 2007

The superio needs 0x87 sent twice to 0x3f0 to enable extended function
(power-on strapping).  Although this is already done in superio.c, it's
not being done when w83977tf_early_serial.c is executed.  As such, no
console_init -- atleast in my case.

(Next on the agenda, check the other winbond superio chips to see if
this is needed as well as I have the chip spec pdf files here as well.
I noticed the other winbond chips use different addresses and values.)

--
Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html

Wed May 9 07:25:26 PDT 2007