[LinuxBIOS] Naming of target for IGEL Winnet III thin client

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Tue May 8 00:49:03 CEST 2007

On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 11:06:45PM +0200, Uwe Hermann wrote:
> The board seems to be called MB-5BLMP, but I don't know the "real"
> vendor, and I can't find a vendor name on the PCB itself.
>
> Possible values:
>
>  - Aquarius Systems (ASI)

Yeah, this is it.

>  - BCom:
> ASI is now BCom as far as I can tell, but I'm not sure.

BCom bought ASI it seems.

> IGEL is probably sort of a "reseller", using the mainboard(s)
> produced by ASI/BCom(?)

IGEL get the ASI boards and make a thin client. Neoware (.com) used
them too it seems.

http://www.plasma-online.de/english/identify/serial/mainboard/mb_aquarius_asi.html

> So, where should the code go?

I like mainboard/asi/mb-5blmp but - is _ everywhere in v2. Dunno why.

> - src/mainboard/igel/winnet3
>
> Other locations? Opinions?
>
> Do we categorize by vendor/mainboardname or vendor/productname
> (i.e., 5blmp vs. winnet3)?

Two products can use the exact same hardware but there's no point in
duplicating the code so let's use the mainboard make and model.

//Peter