[LinuxBIOS] Is my hardware supported - p4p800e

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Mon May 7 16:00:50 CEST 2007

Hello,

On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 03:52:56PM +0200, N. Gey wrote:
> Northbridge: Intel 865PE MCH

None of the Intel 8xx northbridges are supported at this point, I'm
afraid. There is some work being done on earlier chips (810/815) and
there are plans to move on to later hardware once that is done, but
this is a lot of work and documentation from Intel is not available
unless there is a solid business case with a good volume of chips..

> Southbridge: 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R)

This is supported.

> Graphic Cards is ATI Radeon 9800 pro AGP

This should work.

> Winbond W83627THF-A          411G7D2402564QUA

Also supported.

> Step 4: Type of BIOS device.
>
> PLCC / QJF

There may be a problem with enabling writes to the flash chip, ASUS
tend to do crazy things with the SMBus, but there was an influx of
knowledge about this on the list a while back so it may already be
solved.

//Peter