[LinuxBIOS] Question About Filo fail

Ben Hewson ben at hewson-venieri.com
Mon May 7 10:30:30 CEST 2007

AlexHuang wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I let my platform can do filo booting now. But there are some message
> listed as follow.
>
> It said that “No drive detected on IDE channel 0”, but I really have a
> disk on IDE Channel0. Does somebody can help me to solve this problem?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Alex
>
> Jumping to boot code at 0x10dacc
>
> FILO version 0.5 (alexjoy at cvs.sis.com) Mon May 7 10:31:19 CST 2007
>
> menu: hda1:/boot/grub/menu.lst
>
> Detected floating bus
>
> No drive detected on IDE channel 0
>
> Press any key to continue.

Are you trying to use the EPIA build or a board based on the VT8231
southbridge ?
If you are trying to build LB for the EPIA get that latest source, it
was patched recently. If the board uses the VT8231 southbridge but isn't
an EPIA board, compare your mainboard/auto.c to the EPIA mainboard/auto.c.

Ben