[LinuxBIOS] CAR for Geode GX1 / GX2

Juergen Beisert juergen127 at kreuzholzen.de
Mon May 7 09:43:06 CEST 2007

On Monday 07 May 2007 03:03, Uwe Hermann wrote:
> is anybody working on a Cache-as-RAM implementation for the GX1 and GX2?
> Or does the LX code work for those, too? If not, how much work would it
> be to port that code?

I could provide some code to map the Geode GX1 cache anywhere you like. It
simply uses the tr3, tr4 and tr5 registers to map each cache line to a
physical address. I'm currently using it to map the scratch pad RAM to enable
and use the video acceleration. Its written in C, but its very easy to
rewrite it in assembler.
Maybe it achieves LinuxBIOS's requirements, but I'm not sure.

Juergen