[LinuxBIOS] intel 945gm chipset

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Sun May 6 12:25:36 CEST 2007

* Riccardo Sala <sala.rky at gmail.com> [070506 12:00]:
> I'm new to this mailing list and to linux bios.
> I have an intel 945GM board development kit, is it possible to boot
> windows XP, with some work, with linux bios?

There is a Summer of Code project coping with booting Windows XP:
http://www.linuxbios.org/GSoC#Booting_Windows_and_other_Operating_Systems_in_LinuxBIOS

> Or this chipset is so far to be supported and this task is quite impossible?

The chipset is not supported yet. It is definitely not impossible, but
not easy either. We'd be happy to see anyone give it a try though!

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613