[LinuxBIOS] A very good idea

yhlu yinghailu at gmail.com
Sat May 5 03:09:59 CEST 2007

On 5/4/07, Peter Stuge <stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org> wrote:
> I expect a $4000 laptop to resume as fast as, if not faster than, the
> OLPC $100 machine. Seems that will be impossible with ACPI. What do
> the power management people think about this?

You could check linux supend to mem or disk feature. but for
LinuxBIOS+TinyKernel, you still need to go through it to get access to
HD.

> ACPI is needed for the short term, but what about the slightly longer
> term?

Still need some byte-code to do sth in FW to support different OS.
such as PCI device hot plug. the ACPI AML could be used. maybe some
day we can get good byte-code than AML.

YH