[LinuxBIOS] OLPC firmware, suspend/resume

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Sat May 5 02:06:42 CEST 2007

On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 12:51:14PM -0400, Jim Gettys wrote:
> the system now resumes from RAM in about 160ms

I get really angry when I think about contemporary laptops.

Maybe there's actually a good product to be found somewhere in Asia?

I can only hope that OLPC will help educate not only children in
developing countries but also sadly misinformed professionals all
over the world so that they will stop buying junk and demand higher
quality when they understand what modern hardware can do.

Dell will still sell $500 toys of course, but perhaps a $4000 model
will actually be better than the toy then.

Will stop now before I get too cynical.

//Peter