[LinuxBIOS] TPM Support

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Sat May 5 00:08:56 CEST 2007

On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 01:27:01PM -0400, Mike Anderson wrote:
> I saw a feature enhancement request go in about supporting the TCG TPM
> chip in LinuxBIOS.  We're interested in helping that effort.  Is there
> anyone leading the charge?  Or, by virtue of mentioning it, do I become
> the defacto lead ;-) ?

The latter ;-)

> Are there any thoughts as to how to best measure
> the LinuxBIOS and FILO portions and extend them into the PCRs?

Haven't yet thought about this. But one question is more interesting for
me at the moment -- what early hardware initialization is needed for the
setup (if at all)? Is the setup documented somewhere? Is there a
standard (for the low-level init, mind you!) or is this completely
vendor-dependent?

Does the init have to work before the RAM is initialized, or can it be
done after RAM works?

Do we have public datasheets for this stuff? Any datasheets at all?

Uwe.