[LinuxBIOS] VIA Auto Power ON

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Fri May 4 10:24:22 CEST 2007

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 08:01:14AM +0200, Marcel Graber wrote:
> Is there a solution to get the via epia-m2 board to auto Power on
> (like the MAINBOARD_POWER_ON in other southbridges)?  I've seen that
> the fastboot Bios from VIA (which is also linuxbios) can do it

At one point I had this working, but I managed to lose the patch and
was unable to figure out how to do it again - the register Corey
mentions is read only and I believe I tried writing to it without any
luck.

Currently I've kludged round the issue by setting the state to always
power on in the original Via BIOS before I reflash with LinuxBIOS. It
would of course be nicer to do it properly with just LinuxBIOS.

J.

--
Yes DM.  I'll just send my Iron Golem after those rust
monsters...