[LinuxBIOS] TPM Support

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Fri May 4 01:25:27 CEST 2007

On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 01:27:01PM -0400, Mike Anderson wrote:
> I saw a feature enhancement request go in about supporting the TCG
> TPM chip in LinuxBIOS.  We're interested in helping that effort.
> Is there anyone leading the charge?  Or, by virtue of mentioning
> it, do I become the defacto lead ;-) ?

I think so, hehe. :)

> Are there any thoughts as to how to best measure the LinuxBIOS and
> FILO portions and extend them into the PCRs?

Seems this is covered by the TCG PC Specific Implementation
Specification.

--8<-- TCG PC spec p6
This document serves as implementation reference document for the
32-bit PC architecture. Specifically, this document defines:

·   Usage of PCR registers in the Pre-Boot state through the
    transition to Post-Boot state.

·   How the BIOS, or a component thereof, functions as the Core Root
    of Trust for Measurement (CRTM).

·   Programmatic Interfaces to the BIOS as it performs the functions
    of the TCG Subsystem (TSS and access to the TPM)

·   Behavior entering, during, and exiting power and initialization
    states.

·   Guidelines for Option ROMS.
-->8--

https://www.trustedcomputinggroup.org/specs/PCClient/