[LinuxBIOS] Geode LX: Norwich mainboard

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Thu May 3 17:48:40 CEST 2007

On 02/05/07 21:12 -0700, ron minnich wrote:
> yes, it is companies and organizations that ship distros and turn on
> switches that require things like stack checking, and hence break
> linuxbios builds on certain distros. They don't seem to realize that
> all the world is NOT an application ...
>
> It's nothing you (or we) are doing; it is churn in the gcc universe,
> and the distro guys just don't think these things through. It's
> frustrating.
>
> Try the  -fno-stack-protector Corey mentioned.

Please note that the new buildROM code understands how to handle
-fno-stackp-protector (it automatically includes it if it is needed,
thanks to code stolen^H^H^H^H borrowed from the kernel Make scripts),
so thats another great reason to use the buildROM scripts, since it hides
distro churn from you.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse