[LinuxBIOS] Geode LX: Norwich mainboard

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Thu May 3 17:46:14 CEST 2007

On 02/05/07 20:50 +0200, Uwe Hermann wrote:
> Don't do it. Thanks. Removing working code is not a good option, and
> there may still be people with rev_a/btest boards out there.
> Also, the code is very useful as a reference for other boards etc.

There's no indication that code is actually working - most of the
more serious LinuxBIOS changes for OLPC went into the GIT tree on
dev.laptop.org, and never got merged back to the SVN.

> Please also don't forget that there will be _millions_ of OLPC machines
> out there eventually. Whether or not they are _shipped_ with LinuxBIOS
> doesn't matter. The OLPC is designed with hackability in mind (at least
> that's what I read and heard in many presentations) and there _will_ be
> people who'll want to replace OFW with LinuxBIOS.

If there are people who are interested in doing this - then I recommend
a brand new implementation, based on the new LX code for B3 and newer.
Dump any of the old hacky code that exists, and start over from scratch.
Other then the DCON support, it should be a pretty short trip to make
a working version.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse