[LinuxBIOS] [patch 2/4] Geode LX: Norwich mainboard

Marc Jones marc.jones at amd.com
Thu May 3 01:22:44 CEST 2007

Uwe Hermann wrote:
> On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 10:50:23AM -0700, ron minnich wrote:
>> No, those other boards don't matter.
>
> Huh? Of course they matter.
>

>> Marc is not responsible for them.
>
> Sure, but still the boards should not be broken by any patches, right?
>

>> So, I give you two options:
>>
>> marc, if you want, fix the other boards.
>>
>> ELSE,
>>
>> marc, commit, and I will submit a patch to fix the other boards, since
>> I own most of them ...
>
> FWIW, I don't think the fixes are very hard. I'll see if I can provide
> a patch.
>

>> I am debating removing OLPC from tree; comments?
>
> Don't do it. Thanks. Removing working code is not a good option, and
> there may still be people with rev_a/btest boards out there.
> Also, the code is very useful as a reference for other boards etc.
>
> Please also don't forget that there will be _millions_ of OLPC machines
> out there eventually. Whether or not they are _shipped_ with LinuxBIOS
> doesn't matter. The OLPC is designed with hackability in mind (at least
> that's what I read and heard in many presentations) and there _will_ be
> people who'll want to replace OFW with LinuxBIOS.
>
> The code should definately not be removed.
>

> Uwe.

I am trying to bring olpc and rumba up to the geodelx patch level and I
am hitting a build problem that I can't seem to figure out. I get the
following build error.

gcc -m32 -nostdlib -r -o linuxbios_ram.o c_start.o  mainboard.o
uart8250_console.o cs5536.o model_gx2_init.o linuxbios.a
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.1.2/libgcc.a
gcc -m32 -nostdlib -nostartfiles -static -o linuxbios_ram -T
/home/marcj/LinuxBIOSv2/src/config/linuxbios_ram.ld linuxbios_ram.o
linuxbios_ram.o: In function `number':
vtxprintf.c:(.text+0x2f0a): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail'
linuxbios_ram.o: In function `report_resource_stored':
(.text+0x42ba): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail'
linuxbios_ram.o: In function `cpu_initialize':
(.text+0x8b4d): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [linuxbios_ram] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/marcj/LinuxBIOSv2/targets/olpc/rev_a/rev_a/fallback'
make: *** [fallback/linuxbios.rom] Error 1

I get this on both platforms. Any idea what the problem might be?
Marc

--
Marc Jones
Senior Software Engineer