[LinuxBIOS] Suggestions for LinuxBIOS v3

roger roger at eskimo.com
Wed May 2 22:59:33 CEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-02 at 22:36 +0200, Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 10:10:33PM +0200, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
> > On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 11:49:53AM -0700, Vlad wrote:
> > > 1) Bootsplash in both LinuxBIOS and bootloader, with a message
> > > along the lines of "Press the Esc key to change boot options".
> >
> > Bootsplash is overrated :)
>
> In your opinion. I don't care much for it either, but I definately
> understand why people like it.
>

> > I very much like VGA text mode, you know where you stand with VGA
> > consoles.
>
> I also think that text mode has many benefits, but not everyone
> likes it, and that is fine, even good.

Ditto.

>From what I recall, we (programmers, hackers, data entry, ...) were very
happy with text console editors for a very very long time until
Microsoft came along with click & play gui o/s with notepad.exe and
wordpad.exe. :-)

Just figure in all the problems and how many years it took for it to
become usable (without data loss) and then stable (bug free).

irssi (ncurse based irc suits me just fine & dandy ;-).
Plus, it doesn't require a lot of overhead, if any at all. :-)

--
Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html

Wed May 2 13:59:30 PDT 2007