[LinuxBIOS] Booting windows from LinuxBIOS

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Wed May 2 16:11:47 CEST 2007

* Quux <pawn2be.wild at yahoo.de> [070502 16:03]:
> from what I understand they try to get MS into the boat. For cost
> reasons LinuxBIOS will still be choice #1. --Q

B3 and newer XOs will not come with LinuxBIOS anymore.

Instead of implementing a VSA-free version of LinuxBIOS, all machine
setup is done in Open Firmware now, in a forth based assembler dialect.

No doubt a viable solution for a machine as simple as the OLPC.

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613