[LinuxBIOS] AMD Geode LX support for LinuxBIOS

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Wed May 2 05:56:42 CEST 2007

On 01/05/07 22:51 -0400, Gregg C Levine wrote:
> Hello!
> Welcome to the list, Marc Jones and to you Jordan Crouse as well.
> Next question, regarding the Norwich platform, how would I be able to obtain
> one when it's ready?

The norwich is an internal development platform - it is a good starting
point because its the most complete and versatile Geode platform we have -
it supports virtually every single option available in commercial Geode
platforms.  We chose it because it provides a good basis for other developers
to add their own mainboards - its always easier to remove the options
you don't have, then to try to figure out how to enable new ones.

If you are interested in a Geode platform, there are many alternatives
available.  This catalog is a good start:

http://wwwd.amd.com/catalog/salescat.nsf/shopsearchview?SearchView&Query=%5Bprocessor=AMD+Geode%E2%84%A2%20LX%5D

Thats not the only list, there are other commercial Geodes available,
like this, for example:

http://linutop.com/shop

And more are coming every day.  Now that the support is out there, we're
in a position to support Geode vendors if they are interested in adapting
the code to their platforms.  The more testers, the better.. :)

Jordan