[LinuxBIOS] [patch 0/4] AMD Geode LX support for LinuxBIOS

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Wed May 2 02:50:13 CEST 2007

On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 06:10:54PM -0600, Marc Jones wrote:
> The VSA binary source is LGPL

Awesome!

> and is available at: http://dev.laptop.org/git.do?p=geode-vsa

git.do seems broken. I get a PHP error.

> This is just a temporary home until we can port it to open
> source/linux tools and find the code a home. It currently builds
> with Microsoft MASM and C. We are trying to move to GCC. We post
> the binary since most OSD can't build it.

You can earn a lot of free credit by also mentioning the source. :)

> > Also, is the VSA binary needed for _any_ LinuxBIOS usage on the
> > LX, or just to enable certain features? In other words, can we
> > do _anything_ with the LX without the VSA binary?
>
> VSA is not required. An example is the OLPC Open Firmware + custom
> Linux image.

Could you expand on what benfits this VSA blob lead to?

And how does it hook into LinuxBIOS?

Is the blob really only a VSM, and there is already generic VSA
support in LinuxBIOS?

Etc.

//Peter