[LinuxBIOS] i440bx RAM initialization code (SPD)

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Tue May 1 01:12:53 CEST 2007

On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 12:19:46PM -0700, roger wrote:
> Uwe, from what I've read concerning the i440BX memory initialization
> docs, SPD is *required* to initialize memory.

Yes, you get the information about timings etc. of the RAM via SPD, see
Peters mail.

> Or have we verified writing to memory is successful?

Well, yes, at least I think so :) However, we only know for sure when we
booted a payload successfully (which will hopefully be soon).

Next up: investigate what the reason for the elfboot error is.

> raminit.c:407.18: raminit.c:796.20: generic_sdram.c:49.40: auto.c:97.25:
> too few registers

Don't worry. This is a romcc problem/limitation, and we cannot do too
much to fix it. We'll switch to using Cache as RAM eventually.

Uwe.