[LinuxBIOS] CN700/VT8237RP support needed. Will pay.

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 20:09:59 CEST 2007

On 3/29/07, joe at smittys.pointclark.net <joe at smittys.pointclark.net> wrote:

> Is this why Intel is so uncooperative??

no, not at all. We have not in almost 8 years had any complaint
related to IP or release of NDA or any such problem.

Intel's lack of cooperation is driven, from what they have told me, by
their concerns related to releasing chipset information that they
consider (their words) "crown jewels".

Intel is also in the BIOS business, and (former) intel people have
told me that Intel see LinuxBIOS as a competitor. This perceived
competition could also be an issue.

thanks

ron